21 January 2009

On a Roll!

I'm psyched. We have a new president, one with all those characteristics and brains I associate with great leaders. I get a sense he truly understands. He absorbs. He's creative. He thinks. He unites. He makes sense when he speaks. He has a genuine spirit. His ego seems fully evolved. He seems cool under pressure.

The inaugural address he delivered yesterday felt as if it were cut with a diamond. Pure and resonant. I witnessed more than the transfer of power. I felt a rebirth of our national spirit.

As far as my Great American Work of Fiction goes, thanks for asking. For two weeks straight, I've been rewriting the first two paragraphs nonstop. Yes, I've been pretty productive for the last 300 hours. Not quite on a roll, but ... well, you know. I'm going for it, giving it my all. I should have my new novel in the can about the same time Malia or Sasha -- either one -- makes a bid for president in 2032.